Saturday, June 18, 2011

i LOVE this place...


We were out to dinner last night at a noodle place, nothing fancy. A family came in and a child's voice exclaimed, "I LOVE this place!" It made me happy. I imagine it made the restaurant workers happy. Who would not love to hear this kind of joy?

It reminded me of going for a car ride in December with my sister's kids. As we pulled onto the freeway, my then four-year-old niece yelled out, "The freeway! I LOVE the freeway."

Kids get joy better than adults do. We seem to spend an awful lot of time complaining, but not much time celebrating or being thankful. I want to be more child-like. Maybe the next time we visit the coffee shop we adore in Fort Bragg I can be bold enough to loudly proclaim my love. The regulars might think I am nuts, or maybe they might quietly smile in the agreement that they too love this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment